New Year’s Fresh Rosemary Vegetable Frittata
Hi Friends –
H A P P Y N E W Y E A R!
Can’t believe it’s 2018! How many times have you said that or heard that this week? But I truly can’t believe it. That may have been the fastest year of ALL TIME.
2017 will absolutely go down in history in our house because it is the year we became a family. We welcomed Emerson Ava Weiss in March 2017 – ALL THE FEELS – and life has never been the same. Postpartum and new mom-ing was a whirlwind and I have another post planned for this month to share some of my reflections from the first 10 months with Sweet Emmy.
I’ll admit it though, it was hard to keep up with the blog this past year. I’m excited to jump back with clean eating recipes, mom life/tips/gear posts and more wellness content in between. I have so many posts planned for you guys!
In the new year a lot of people reset their health goals. As a busy working mom, still nursing my almost-10-month-old, I don’t have as much time as I once did to spend hours in the kitchen but as you know I refuse to skimp on nutrition, freshness and flavor when it comes to meals. Easy, make-ahead meals have become my go-to and today I’m sharing a recipe that could not be easier and will give you breakfast ALL week!
Also side note, and you know this if you follow me on Instagram, we do Baby Led Weaning with Emerson and I have so many good things to say about it! I plan to do a full post on our experience but I really attribute her skills to completely self-feed and “chew and swallow”, her passion for food, understanding of meals and ability to self-regulate consumption and breadth of palette to BLW. If you’re interested in learning more – let me know! OK that was a little off-topic (#momlife) but the point is to say that this is a well-loved recipe of my (almost) 10 month old and a surefire way that she’ll eat fresh spinach! Insert happy Mom dance!
Healthy Rosemary Frittata
- 12 cage-free organic eggs
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 handfuls (cups? haha! :)) fresh organic baby spinach
- 1 medium organic onion, sliced
- 1/2 cups fresh feta cheese
- Organic olive oil for sautéing
- Pre-heat oven to 350*
- Over med heat, sauté 1 sliced organic red onion in olive oil. After 3 minutes add 2 large handfuls of fresh organic baby spinach. Add the leaves of 2 sprigs of fresh organic rosemary. Sauté another 5 minutes – should be very fragrant and spinach mostly wilted and onion cooked.
- In a bowl scramble a dozen eggs.
- Grease your baking dish and add cooked veggies and spread out evenly.
- Crumble 1/4 cup of fresh feta cheese evenly over the veggie mixture then pour the egg mixture into the center of the dish and gently spread out over (and into) the cheese and veggies.
- Top with a few leaves of fresh rosemary and bake for 30 minutes or until fully cooked in the center.
- Let cool and enjoy!
This dish is perfect for a make-ahead breakfast or serve over a bed of greens for an easy lunch. I hope you enjoy!