*Guest Post* Recipe: Pear Cacao Green Smoothie
Hi everyone, Elanna here! I am absolutely thrilled to be guest posting here at Create Your Great Life! It’s even more of an honor because I was a fan before I was a friend! I stumbled across DeAnna’s site while working for The Institute for Integrative Nutrition after she wrote in with a question and I immediately started following her posts. It wasn’t until a serendipitous meeting at her Clean Eating Support Group 2 years later that we started to become friends. And because I share in DeAnna’s love for smoothies, I chose to share one of my all time favorite recipes!
Pear Cacao Green Smoothie
*Vegan *Vegetarian *Gluten-Free *Dairy-Free
- - 1 very ripe pear
- - 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- - 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- - 1 cup (large handful) baby spinach
- - 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- - Tiny pinch sea salt
- - Ice to taste!
- Wash and cut pear - If it’s organic leave the skin on for more fiber + antioxidants!
- Place all ingredients in blender and whip it up!
- Add ice to make it cold, add thickness, and make it more like a milkshake!