By: Katie K.
Hiiiiiii, it’s Katie K. from PlayWithKatieK.com and I am so excited to talk to you about gratitude today.
It’s all over Facebook and Twitter. It’s November, and that means it’s the time to give thanks. But what does that really mean? And why do we all love to wait until the 11th month of the year to be grateful? What would happen if we were actually grateful all 12 instead?
Gratitude is all about expressing our thanks for the things we have in our lives, and it is proven that when we practice gratitude it increases happiness, joy and abundance. In the words of Willie Nelson himself, “when I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around” so why not start today and make it a habit for life? Once it becomes a daily practice, it’s a whole new ballgame.
If you want to up your gratitude game, here are a few tips to try out this month~ and maybe you’ll love it so much you’ll choose to practice gratitude as an attitude all year round.
1)Stay Positive When something goes “wrong”, don’t focus on all the things that got messed up. Look for the silver lining, and you might realize that a mistake is actually a better win than you even imagined. Ever heard of alchemy? They were trying to make gold and accidentally made light instead… Oopse!
2) Honor Your Role Models Make a list of your role models and people who inspire you. As the spiritual teaching goes, “those we look up to are a direct reflection of ourselves”, so if you hold your role models in high esteem, there’s a part of yourself you respect as well.
3) Vision Boards Rule Make a vision board for gratitude full of Inspiring images. Fill it with words, phrases and pictures that represent gratitude to you and then look at it every day. The act of creating it and seeing it will help bring your attitude of gratitude to life, and you will also be able to access it more easily.
You can check out my board HERE
4) Music Rocks Make a playlist of songs that lift you up and make you feel happy and grateful. You can listen to it at the gym, on the street, in the shower, dancing in front of the mirror (it might sound weird but try it!) When you hear those beats you will instantly find your gratitude groove again.
Check out my playlist here: 1213068813
5) Use Your Words Say “thank you” as much as you can. Obviously this is a simple thing to do, but you can even apply it to things that don’t normally elicit that response, like when things don’t go as planned. That’s where the magic happens.
6) Stay Open The decision to receive goes a long way. Continually stay open to gratitude and it will multiply. Soon you will find your happiness and joy increases while all those pesky bumps of life begin to disappear.
7) Consider Joining My Free Playgroup #GratiitudeAsAnAttitude I know November has already begun, but if you want to join in the revolution, my free Playgroup #gratitudeasanattitude runs through Nov. 23rd
Join in on the FREE Playgroup HERE
It’s been fun! Thanks to my dear friend D for having me share some thoughts with all of you today. Enjoy + be grateful!
♥ Katie K.