My Year-In-Review (plus free printable 2015 Reflection Worksheet)
It’s the first Monday of 2016 and that’s exciting. A brand new year for creation, challenge and adventure.
I have to admit that this new year crept up on me a bit.
I’m a very sensitive person. Karl jokingly calls me a sponge because he says that I always absorb what’s around me. Sometimes that means absorbing different energies, vibes or moods, other times it means that I’m very affected by the weather. Well, these last few months in New York have been uncharacteristically warm and I guess it didn’t really “feel” like the end of the year. Since the end of the year crept up on me, I’ve had to get a little more intentional about reflection this time around. Can you relate?
One of my resolutions in 2015 was to ⭐be more present⭐. Though my online community has grown so much, and I am endlessly grateful for the people who have come into my life through social media and wonderful online communities, I am still finding a balance that feels really good. The year of 2015 was dedicated to bringing moment attention and intention to in person moments and experiences, having many tech-free meals, days and experiences. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE sharing my life, travels, relationships, experiences and most importantly RECIPES with all of you. However, I know in my heart that to be able to give YOU more I’ve needed to give to myself in a lot of ways too and for me that means disconnecting from technology, spending time in nature, prioritizing fitness and wellness activities and focusing on deep, soulful, heart-centered conversations and connections.
In 2015, I focused on enriching the quality of the time I spent with myself, through self-care, workouts and delicious recipes, and those I love by taking tech-free time to spend with them. I practiced listening and being less judgmental(of myself and of the world).
Above all, I strive to make sure that my “in real life” moments are worth remembering because I’m present, appreciative, grateful and fully engaged.
2015 was full of travel, adventure, family, nature, challenges, love, new experiences, lots and lots of new recipes, health, fitness, Y7 Yoga, SoulCycle, new friends, old friends, lessons, milestones and everything in between.
Here are some of the highlights from 2015:
- Trips to California, Colorado, Texas, The Bahamas, San Francisco, Montauk, Block Island, The Catskills, The Poconos
- Hiking *new to me* Bear Mountain(NY), Breakneck Ridge(NY), Kaaterskill Falls (NY), Ricketts Glen (PA), Solstice Canyon (CA), Chautauqua(CO) and more.
- Coaching almost 200 up-and-coming health coaches through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition – one of the most inspiring, challenging, uplifting, creative and connected experiences of my health coaching career!
- Insta-TAKEOVER of the @NutritionSchool Instagram page for a day!
- Creating the Wellness Tips area of my website + continuing to build my Recipe Library for you
- Most popular wellness blog posts of the year include: “Tips for Ordering Take-out Without Sabotaging Your Health” + “5 Natural Allergy Remedies” + “Top 10 Tips for Eating Healthy on a Budget” + “A few thoughts on Yoga…“
- Most popular blog recipes blog posts of the year include: “How to Make Detox Water” + “Tasty and Tart Cleansing Green Juice” + “Gluten-Free Blueberry Coconut Granola” + “Lentil Turmeric Vegetable Soup“
- Working with AMAZING clients who inspire me, motivate me, teach me, enlighten me and fill my heart with purpose, joy and love
I’m excited to take the love and lessons from 2015 and bring them into a new year. Here’s to a fresh year to create your dreams, BE who you want to be and strive to enrich your REAL LIFE moments for yourself and those you love. So thankful for this journey, this community and that most importantly your love, support and engagement that inspires me to keep sharing my life, my recipes and myself with you.
THANK YOU – THANK YOU – THANK YOU!!
Let’s make this year F*#%ing Magical!
Want a FREE copy of my coveted Reflection Worksheet?
If you’ve coached with me, been to one of my workshops, followed me on social media or this blog, or simply know me AT ALL, you know that I’m a big believer in reflection. Reflection helps us focus on where we have been, how far we’ve come and the lessons and gifts that have come into our life. Reflection helps us look back and connect the dots to see the growth in ourselves and our experiences. The steps we’ve taken have a direct effect on where we will go.
One of my goals in 2016 is to share MORE of the tools, resources and tips that continue to impact my life and bring health, happiness and success to my clients and community. And it starts now!
Over the past 7 years, reflection has been a favorite activity among my clients, peers and has had a tremendous impact on my life. Time and time again I turn to reflection as a building block for creating an intentional, healthy, fulfilling and happy life and business. I’ve taken some of my favorite reflections questions of the year and combined them into a FREE worksheet for you here. Print it, take a few minutes for yourself and REFLECT on all that you’ve created in 2015 to help build a strong foundation for your goals, desires and purpose in 2016. I hope you enjoy!
Enter your NAME + EMAIL below for FREE access to the worksheet now: